BEST IN CLASS
INTERNATIONAL CLASS BOARD
Five owners, three professional sailors and one Melges representative will provide general guidance to class management, assist with budget review/overview and event scheduling.
Driven by Rob Weiland as Class Rules Manager, a Chief Measurer, technical experts from Melges, Botin Partners,
Premier Composite Technologies, sailmakers and five boat captains will focus on solving technical issues,
improving Class rules and answering questions from teams quickly.
A Professional Event Manager will supervise and coordinate the regatta organization together with Marco Mercuriali appointed as Racing Manager, focused on racing rules, Jury-Umpire management and on-the-water management together with 3 tacticians.
Well known professionals will cover these key roles at events:
Marco Mercuriali - Chief Umpire
Miguel Allen - Chief of the Jury
Torrijo/Reggio - PRO
TOP QUALITY, FAIR RACING
• Four days of competitive racing with windward/leeward, coastal, and full throttle course configurations
• The Grand Prix will be a mix of stand-alone events and worldwide historical regattas at the best sailing venues
• Professional PRO and Jury with direct on-the-water umpiring
• Boat measurement at any event
• Limited days of training and sails inventory
INNOVATIVE RACE FORMAT
• Two (2) days of windward/leeward
• One (1) day of "Full Throttle Course" = high speed racing
• One (1) day coastal race approximately 4 hours